9.19.2015

DIY- TARDIS Trinket Box

Hi! Since today the first episode of season 9 Doctor Who is playing (it airs in about an hour!!), I decided to show you a tutorial for something a made a bit ago. It is a trinket box made to look like a peice of the TARDIS that the 11th Doctor finds from the crack in the wall.

First, I painted a paper mache box a TARDIS blue.

I used a Martha Stewart paint called "Wild Blueberry".

Then I printed out the little sign that's on the door. I used a screenshot from the episode to see where I needed to trim it, although I did a bit more since it's supposed to be rectangle, but my box is square. I also used the same blue paint (but you could use black) to dry brush on the edge and middle. I don't know how to explain it, but look up how to do it on YouTube if you don't know how. :)

I glued the "sign" on the lid with Mod-Podge and sealed it with another layer on top. 
And it's complete!







I think it turned out SO COOL!
And I'm also SO EXCITED for season 9 to start, I can't put it into words! Ahhh!

I even painted my nails TARDIS blue and I'm making fish fingers and custard. :)
Hope you enjoyed!

Until next time-
Lady Claire 


6 comments

  1. Wow this is awesome! I won't be watching tonight, but I'm wearing my T.A.R.D.I.S shirt!

    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness YESSS!!! This craft project is a win! :D I'm definitely going to try this. I adore little trinket boxes. ^-^
    ~Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, I hope you get to try it out!

      Delete
  3. So lovely! I just happen to have that same paint color. Believe it or not, I haven't even started watching season 8 yet because I decided to re-watch the whole show instead! :)

    Aliah | Indigo Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, that's awesome! I'm trying to re-watch the whole show now too. :)

      Delete